From Marc Liby, Executive Director:
This marks the 18th year of live theatre produced by GPT. It has been a varied and thrilling journey so far from a community playing space to a year round professional venue and educational center drawing talent from across the United States. Like our past, our present mission and future objectives are diverse and exciting.
We want to give more. We want to stimulate the minds and hearts of our patrons and youth throughout central Kansas. For many, the Great Plains Theatre is the first and perhaps the only source of live, professional theatre. We view this as a tremendous responsibility and as a life changing gift. It is a gift that is not possible without your financial support.
Here at the Great Plains theatre we strive to make live theatre accessable to everyone- that means keeping ticket prices low and constantly rising to the challenge of finding new strategies for producing shows. That also means that only 60% of our operating expenses are covered by ticket sales. The remaining 40% comes from our patrons. Here at GPT we’ve been meeting that challenge with resolve and imagination for fifteen years.
Won’t you help us continue to meet our goal of providing a live, professional theatre experience to central Kansas? Today, when you pledge your tax deductable gift to the Great Plains Theatre, you’re giving the gift of live theatre to an entire community. Thank you for rising with us to that challenge.
To pledge your support to the Great Plains Theatre, please CLICK HERE. To find out more about what your tax deductable gift can do for the Great Plains Theatre please contact us by calling 785.263.2903 or emailing us.